Godaddy is basically a website building, domain registrar, and web hosting platform that helps professionals to start an online store or a small-scale business website. It also offers shared VPS and dedicated hosting services to help you manage your store wherever you are using your mobile phone.
Why Connecting GoDaddy and Heroku is challenging:
While you are looking for several ways to redirect your Godaddy app to Heroku, it can sometimes get a bit challenging due to the following reasons:
- Heroku only provides ANAME or ALIAS, and CNAMe records that Godaddy does not have.
- While Heroku gives you an option to add Custom now to get more help for your appDomains, the format of the domain is not really clear.
- When you add a Custom domain, the domain you want to point to is cut off on the Heroku site.
- The https still needs to be managed carefully on the DNS side, and SSL also requires you to upgrade o a Hobby Plan in Heroku.
Solution of these Challenges
- Set up a Domain Forwarding to point the “www” version of your domain to the “https.”
- To point to the website, Heroku provides you an option to add a CNAME record for “www.”
- Pay to upgrade to the hobby plan in order to make your site load faster amd have https://
- Setup the WWW version, such as www.yoursite.com instead of your-site.com