Web Application Development: How to Promote a Web App?
A lot of forums have already talked about developing web applications as an alternative to the development of native or hybrid applications. But once you understand what a web app, it only remains to know what to do with this knowledge in order to succeed. Getting a successful web app is difficult if you do not know things straight. So first, let’s understand the concept of web applications.
What is a web application?
The web application is, by definition, “a program that runs on a PC with a web server while users interact with it through a web browser”, as we had already said in another article about the difference between Native, Hybrid and Web apps. The key features of the web application are:
- An exclusive development: no matter what the operating system is, the same development in HTML5 fits all existing operating systems.
- Accessible from any Web browser: Be it Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc. We can access a web application from any browser you have installed on our device. You can access content from either mobile or traditional computers.
- Appears in traditional search engines: web applications can be found in any Google or Yahoo search engine.
- Ultimately, it is a site.
What is not a web application?
We insist a web app is not an app as used in our smartphones. It has a web appearance. Here are the points that reveal how a web app is not an app:
- Not available for download in Stores: you cannot find them at the Apple Store or Google Play or other app stores.
- You cannot download it to your phone: for not being an executable application on your device. It only runs in the browser.
- No need for app store optimization, but SEO is required. We do not need optimization for stores and App indexing … but we have to respect the traditional SEO rules that use the web.
Promote the development of web applications
The web application development begins to be clearer with the types of web applications chosen to be developed depending on your business or website. The hard part comes when it comes to promoting and disseminating a web app.
But let’s be honest, when we choose a web app our goal is certainly not getting recurring users, but in getting quick visits and be able to give information easily to our potential customer.
Precisely because of this, their promotion techniques will not be the same as used for native or hybrid app and we can find in stores. Let’s see what we can do to improve our web apps in the search engines and make them known on the web.
Explore the subsectors
One of the tricks that we are tired of listening to is specialization. It is true that for business promotion, we are needed to know what our target is.
At the time of web application development, it is advisable to find a subsector within your target to optimize our efforts. That is, the promotion starts this specialized sub-sector and that may have a great interest in your web application.
With this tactic, you will have a small investment with high returns. In addition to satisfied customers, it will help you in your marketing job through “word of mouth”. Continue your next campaign focus on another subsector.
Paid listings and advertising in general, are essential in any marketing or promotional campaign. When it comes to global products, it is a good idea to bet on online advertising.
AdWords and Adsense
The most powerful tool to place online ads is currently the Adwords or Adsense, both tools are Google search engines to put paid ads. You can do this in the results of search engines, advertising space from other sites, videos, etc.
It is the fastest way to promote your web application to users who may be interested in your web app through related content.
For anything to get a higher rank on the web, it is necessary to have good SEO. As you already know, the SEO includes an important workload to optimize it, especially the links topic and pages too.
If you are not on social networks today, you’re nobody. It is important to have an official profile of your company or site to open a two-way communication channel, create communication and conversations with your customers and users. In addition, networks like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram can now place ads and promote your app and business. Social Networks are a very valid alternative to Google ads and other search engines.
Leverage mobile visits
One of the objectives of developing web applications or web apps is to make it accessible from a mobile device. So, be sure to properly promote your web app on this channel. You can do this through the following ways:
- Ads on mobile devices: optimize your images and text for ads on mobile devices.
- Advertising in apps: take advantage of this exclusive channel to the mobile device.
- Do not forget the mailing: over 80% of open emails are from mobile or tablet.
The Top Software Development Companies always use the best marketing strategies for promoting web or mobile applications.
If you do not have a marketing strategy to promote your app or any mobile project, do not hesitate to send us an email and we will help you.