For an online business to be successful, it is necessary to plan each one of the details, from the design of the page to the email models that we will send to confirm the orders. One of the things that we must also take into account in our e-commerce, as part of the marketing strategy, is the payment method we will offer to our customers.
There are many different payment methods, each one with its characteristics and benefits. When we integrate the payment platform in our e-commerce, we must be clear about what benefit it represents for the user or client. For example, we can opt for the commonly known form of payment by card or traditional method of cash on delivery. But often the key lies in innovating with other systems, such as online financing platforms for customers, ideal for e-commerce with expensive products.
Let’s review the payment methods that you can integrate into your online business and its benefits:
PayPal is a payment method born in 1998 and purchased by eBay in 2002. It then served as a platform to guarantee transactions at auctions and returns when the product did not meet the expectations of the buyer. Gradually they expanded it and PayPal became one of the most used payment systems.
PayPal acts as a mediator between the buyer and the seller so that the seller only receives an email of the subscription notice and the monetary amount corresponding to the item sold. This means that at no time the seller gets to know the personal data of the buyer, nor their account number. This security, together with the simplicity of the transaction, makes it possible to increase the conversion rates at checkout and the recovery of lost credits with card payment.
- Widely known payment method all around the world.
- The method provides high-level security in terms of payment and buyer identity.
- Simple and easy to use the method to make purchases or sell online, all you need is a PayPal account.
- PayPal offers great flexibility. The user can deposit money in PayPal through card, transfer, another PayPal account or use it as a payment gateway.
- PayPal charges a certain ratio of commission to the seller based on the number of sales.
- If a currency exchange is part of the payment, PayPal charges a commission to the buyer too.
Online payments through cards
The cards are plastic payment tools, numbered and magnetized, issued by a bank that authorizes its bearer to use them as a means of payment in the businesses attached to this system. The instrument they use to materialize these payments is the payment gateway, a.k.a. virtual POS, which is the online version of the classic dataphone that can be found in physical stores.
Online payment through cards is the most common and widespread form of payment today; therefore, it is essential for your online business. It is advisable to have an extremely secure and reliable card, payment gateway guaranteeing the privacy of users’ data. Add a virtual POS with authentication, so that the bank verifies the authenticity of the card.
At the time of payment, the buyer usually can choose between their cards, which can be credit or debit. The first option does not need to provide funds previously to the entity that assumes the debt while, in the second, the amount of purchases is deducted from the bank account at the time of purchase. To avoid possible frauds, the buyer receives a verification code.
- The money is received in advance for the order placed.
- It is a form of immediate payment.
- The seller has to pay a certain amount of commission.
Cash on delivery
This traditional method already known by all is the cash on delivery. It is one of the safest methods of payment. The customer pays for the product directly to the carrier, when he delivers the package so that their bank details are always safe. With this payment system, you will capture the attention of older buyers, who show greater reluctance to buy online.
- If the customer does not pay for the merchandise, they will not deliver it.
- The ratio of returns or failed deliveries are higher because this implies that the company bears the shipping costs until the payment is received from the buyer.
- The shipping costs are charged to the buyer once payments are made.
Bank transfer is also a method that has lost strength over time. In this case, the online stores provide the customer with the data of a bank account so that they can proceed with the payment of the order, which will be managed once said payment is confirmed.
- The money is received in advance before the order is dispatched.
- Low cost for trade because it does not require specific technical developments of connection in the online store.
- It does not charge commissions to the seller.
- The delay in the purchase process, since until the seller does not receive the payment; they do not process the order.
- Involves the risk that the buyer does not make the payment, which reduces the conversion and makes it difficult to manage the stock.
Online payments through the mobile
Among the latest trends in electronic commerce is payment through our mobile devices. Within it, there are many types: the transfer of money between different users, the mCommerce or purchase in online stores through this device; or mobile payments at the point of sale through NFC technology or QR codes.
Likewise, mobile wallets are emerging in the form of apps that store the personal and banking data of the users in order to make transactions in a faster way and to have all the operations available with a single click. This is the case for Amazon Pay, Google Wallet, and Apple Pay.
- Fast and easy way to pay online
- Eliminates the problem of change and lack of cash.
- Security and rapid control of expenses, income and transactions.
- It is not useful for all audiences since those who do not have mobile (advanced age target) will not be able to enjoy these possibilities.
It is not a bank, nor an intermediary company, nor an investment fund. The virtual currency uses peer-to-peer technology, where the management of their transactions and the issuance thereof the network carries it out collectively. The currency is called bitcoin – an online payment model that is revolutionizing the Internet since its use is exclusively online. You can use it to make any transaction, either to pay for a product in an online store or to send money to a family member at the other end of the world.
Users who want to use bitcoins have to buy them from someone who has them and wants to exchange them for Dollars.
- Bitcoins allow easy currency exchange.
- Its falsification is impossible.
- Money cannot be operated by anyone or frozen.
- Identity protection is guaranteed.
- The current shortage of bitcoins currency.
- The transactions are irreversible.
With these many options available for your E-commerce payment method, you can facilitate your customers at best. Consider all the methods given above and decide what’s best for you and your online store. We recommend you to pick several and having multiple payment options increases conversion rates. Facilitating customers at the checkout also reduces the number of abandoned carts giving your business an extra boost!
If you have decided on what payment method, you prefer for your e-commerce give us a call. We can help you integrate it at a competitive price without any delay.
For an online business to be successful, it is necessary to plan each one of the...